How to Persuade People – Startups Uncensored #15

Mar 02, 2010 21 Comments by

How to Persuade People – 21 Golden Rules

This month’s Startups Uncensored will be on “How to Persuade People”.  It will be an open and frank town-hall conversation talking about the skills and techniques leaders use to influence others .

This month the session will be run by Jason Nazar, in a presentation format.  The  “How to Persuade People” presentation will be geared towards startups and entrepreneurs to learn and review the skills that will help them raise money, hire great talent, and land partnerships.

The event is free and is followed by a reception and mixer at the Docstoc Offices in Santa Monica by the 3rd Street Promenade. The venue holds about 140 folks, ALL PREVIOUS EVENTS WERE FULL WITH STANDING ROOM ONLY. If you are not one of the first 140 to RSVP and confirm, we will have a waiting list.

Thursday, March 18th 6:30pm – 8:00pm (Townhall)…. 8:00pm on, Reception
Cost: FREE
This event is capped at 140 attendees.
Confirmation will be required or your spot will be given up for our waiting list.

Santa Monica Public Library (Auditorium) 601 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90401

TO SIGN UP FOR THIS EVENT, CLICK HERE

Business, docstoc, Startups Uncensored

About the author

Jason is the Co-Founder and CEO of Docstoc.com, the premier destination to start and grow businesses, offering the best selection of documents and content resources. Jason is also the creator of Startups Uncensored the long running and most widely attended tech mixer in Southern California. Before starting Docstoc, he was a partner in a venture consulting firm in Los Angeles where he worked with dozens of startups. Jason holds a BA from UCSB and his JD/MBA from Pepperdine University, where he was the Student Body President of both Universities.

21 Responses to “How to Persuade People – Startups Uncensored #15”

1. Elliot Glusker says:

I would like to attend this event. Thank you.

2. Nikos Iatropoulos says:

Jason, you’ve persuaded me to attend.

3. Derek Norton says:

look forward to it

4. Jonny Chan says:

I’ll be there. Jason’s own presentation, woot!

5. Gina Nicolais says:

Thank you for this coolpost.

6. This Week In Events: March 15 -19 | lalawag says:

[...] Free, RSVP *This event is capped at 140 attendees. Confirmation will be required or your spot will be given [...]

7. Louise says:

I would like to attend although with an opening in two0 days, I might not be able to. It will depend on how things come together today!

Please do keep me informed of these matters.

Cheers ~

8. Louise says:

email correction

9. Charles says:

I too would also like to attend but I will not be available tonight. Is there another one scheduled in the near future??

10. Alex Carrillo says:

I attended the event today and have to say that it was one of the best Uncensored Events I had been to. Now I’m just wondering if the video that was being recorded will be available to view online anytime soon?

Thanks Jason for making these events happen, especially this one.

11. Charles says:

I would love to see that video as well,

please post the link when available

12. Sean Work says:

At the beginning of last night’s Startups Uncensored, Jason announced some sort of “meet with the bloggers” event. It sound like it was called “Magento” (or something like that). Does anyone know what that was about or what it is called exactly? I remember being interested and wanting to go to it….

13. Rupy says:

I would definitely have made it out last night if I had seen the post sooner. Hopefully I’ll catch it the next time around. Please do continue keeping us apprised of these type of events via LinkedIn or Facebook.

14. Thanh Lu says:

Sorry I missed this event. would have loved to check it out.
    If you have future events, please submit it here to reach more people:

15. ineteye says:

i am really worried why i mis that as well thanh li

16. Networking Tips for Entrepreneurs says:

[...] • Do Favors for Others: the law of reciprocity dictates that people want to help other who help them. Most folks at meet-ups spend most of their time talking about themselves or seeing what they can get out of the situation. By being the person that focuses on helping others you’ll instantly stand out among the crowd and will build a bank account full of goodwill that you’ll be able to repeatedly withdraw from in the future.  For more on this watch my video on How to Persuade People [...]

17. Talks: Jason Nazar on how to Persuade | infoChachkie says:

[...] Watch Jason Nazar’s talk on persuasion. [...]

18. Wilfredo Gerpheide says:

hi!, this site of your blog was very interesting for me. But it was difficult to find it with google.es. Maybe you should improve it with seo wordpress addons for wordpress like headspace2. Just a tip ;) =)

19. Sherman Folmar says:

hi!, this site of your blog was very usefull for me. But it was really hard to find it with google.com. Maybe you should improve it with plugins for wordpress like headspace2. Just a tip ;) =)

20. Elouise says:

That’s way more clever than I was exectpnig. Thanks!